Translation of enemy in Spanish:
noun plural -mies
- 1.1 (adversary)enemigo, (-ga) (masculine, feminine)they are deadly enemiesson enemigos mortales or a muertetry not to make an enemy of himtrata de no echártelo encima como enemigoI wouldn't wish it on my worst enemyno se lo deseo a mi peor enemigoshe's her own worst enemysu peor enemigo es ella mismaExample sentences1.2 (opponent in war) (+ singular or plural verb) the enemy
el enemigothe enemy was o were forced backel enemigo se vio obligado a retrocederenemy-occupied territoryterritorio (masculine) ocupado por el enemigo(before noun) (action/forces/territory)
- She was still my sworn enemy who was trying to tear me down in whatever way possible.
- Somehow they blamed each other, deciding their sworn enemy was the sole reason for their anger.
- Albert did his best to smile at a man who was supposed to be his enemy despite being critically ill himself.
- The bulk of the infantry was kept back out of range of the enemy guns, ready to counter-attack.
- Democracies are entitled to try officers and soldiers of enemy forces for war crimes.
- Not a shot had been fired and not a single Allied aircraft had attacked the enemy aircraft.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.