- 1 1.1 (vitality) energía (feminine) a woman of great intellectual energy una mujer con un gran vigor intelectual to work off surplus energy quemar energíasMore example sentences1.2 (power, effort) energías (feminine plural) to focus one's energy o energies on sth centrar todas mis ( or sus etc) energías en algo she devoted all her energies to getting him out of prison se entregó en cuerpo y alma a la tarea de sacarlo de la cárcel 1.3 (forcefulness) energía (feminine)
More example sentences
- The mental activity consumes energy and can, in the event of excess, lead to overstrain.
- The main modifiable factors affecting energy balance are dietary energy intake and energy expended through physical activity.
- When people are under stress, they don't have as much energy for physical or mental activity.
- There is a need to focus mental energies and prepare yourself to face competition.
- You are a physical person, but you know how to control and use of your physical energies.
- I was amazed at the creative energies expended in getting people to give and increase their pledges.
- 2 [Physics/Física] energía (feminine) electrical/atomic energy energía eléctrica/atómica new sources of energy nuevas fuentes de energía (before noun/delante del nombre) [source/supply] de energía energy conservation conservación (feminine) de la energía energy consumption consumo (masculine) de energía energy crisis crisis (feminine) energéticaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- These include global warming, energy efficiency and renewable energy resources.
- It will also provide virtually unlimited energy and material resources for humankind.
- That efficiency will include solar power, recyclable energy and heat retention.
- Why is that electrons radiate electromagnetic energy when they are accelerated?
- If a particle moves faster than the speed of light, it must create a shockwave, and radiate energy.
- The protons are set in motion and, being charged, they again deposit energy through electrical interactions.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.