Translation of energy in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (vitality) a woman of great intellectual energyuna mujer con un gran vigor intelectualto work off surplus energyquemar energíasExample sentences1.2 (power, effort)
energías (feminine plural)to focus one's energy o energies on somethingcentrar todas mis ( or sus etc) energías en algoshe devoted all her energies to getting him out of prisonse entregó en cuerpo y alma a la tarea de sacarlo de la cárcel1.3 (forcefulness)Example sentences
- The mental activity consumes energy and can, in the event of excess, lead to overstrain.
- The main modifiable factors affecting energy balance are dietary energy intake and energy expended through physical activity.
- When people are under stress, they don't have as much energy for physical or mental activity.
- There is a need to focus mental energies and prepare yourself to face competition.
- You are a physical person, but you know how to control and use of your physical energies.
- I was amazed at the creative energies expended in getting people to give and increase their pledges.
- 2 (Physics) electrical/atomic energyenergía eléctrica/atómicanew sources of energynuevas fuentes de energía(before noun) (source/supply)
de energíaExample sentences
- These include global warming, energy efficiency and renewable energy resources.
- It will also provide virtually unlimited energy and material resources for humankind.
- That efficiency will include solar power, recyclable energy and heat retention.
- Why is that electrons radiate electromagnetic energy when they are accelerated?
- If a particle moves faster than the speed of light, it must create a shockwave, and radiate energy.
- The protons are set in motion and, being charged, they again deposit energy through electrical interactions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.