Translation of engine in Spanish:
- 1.1 (motor) the ship's engineslas máquinas del barco(before noun) (block/bearing/mounting)to have engine troubledel motortener problemas con el motorExample sentences1.2 (locomotive)
- At the time, the big advantage of petrol engines over steamed powered cars was that they required only one kind of fuel, instead of a combination of coal and water.
- The device will disable the ignition of a car or stop its engine while in motion.
- Diesel-powered submarines use combustion engines to provide power and charge the sub's batteries.
also: siege engine1.4 (instrument) [literary]máquina (feminine) de guerraExample sentences
- And a final word… In about three years it will be time to mark the bi-centenary of the first successful use of a steam railway engine anywhere in the world.
- The all-time roster of steam locomotives totalled just 60 engines, less than half of which were acquired new.
- Three engines and 11 boxcars derailed near the 3800 block of Croton Avenue.
- Private initiative will provide the engine for growth and will be the major force in developing the economy.
- The report said urbanisation and the second stage of industrialisation are the two new growth engines.
- Cities are engines of growth and cultural expansion and finding answers to the question of how cities can remain viable in the future is one of the most urgent challenges world-wide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the