- 1 uncountable/no numerable (process, work) grabado (masculine)More example sentences
- Artisans then begin the process of engraving on it.
- There he studied painting with him and learned the Western technique of engraving.
- Born, raised, and educated just outside of London, Barraclough initially learned the art of engraving from a Master English gunsmith in the late 1940s.
- 2 countable/numerable [Printing/Imprenta] 2.1 (block) plancha (feminine) 2.2 (copy) grabado (masculine)More example sentences
- The enormous influence of his woodcuts and engravings turned the print into a significant and distinctively German art form.
- Works of art include paintings, engravings, prints as well as original sculptures or statues.
- The best illustrated edition of Jane Austen uses contemporary fashion plates, engravings of carriages, town scenes and so on.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.