Translation of engross in Spanish:
- 1 (hold attention) to be engrossed
insomethingestar absorto or enfrascado enalgoExample sentences
- Brooke rolled her eyes and deliberately turned her back to him, pretending to be suddenly engrossed in a fascinating conversation with Jane.
- Just then, a silver-haired man with dancing eyes enters the pub and he and Martyn are soon engrossed in conversation about one of his other big loves, fishing.
- Meanwhile, I was very engrossed in conversation with her and could not really be bothered with him.
- 2 (Law)pasar a limpio
pasar en limpio (Latin America)Example sentences
- However, Beckerman's lawyer engrossed the transfer/deed of land in Merry's name.
- We accept that there was no formal document engrossed as the register of units.
- The evidence from the Medical Tribunal that I could not recall was on 30 May 1994, two weeks beforehand, she had made an appointment with my solicitor to engross a new will.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.