- alistarse to enlist
insth alistarse enalgo
- 1.1 [soldiers/helpers/members] reclutar, alistar; [sailors] enrolar to enlist sb
insth conseguir* el apoyo de algn enalgo 1.2 [support/aid] conseguir*More example sentences
More example sentences
- He ordered me to enlist Wallace's support for one of his regular press conferences.
- In May 1982 Sharon he flew to Washington to enlist President Reagan's support.
- Anyway I secured the bid and enlisted Alex's help cleaning up the school as well.
- We lost all contact, but as it happened we both enlisted in the armed services the moment we turned eighteen.
- During the Civil War he enlisted in the Union army in the 20th Illinois Volunteer Infantry.
- He survived the Great Depression and enlisted in the US Army when the Second World War broke out.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)