Translation of enlist in Spanish:
- 1.1(sailors)to enlist somebody
insomethingconseguir el apoyo de alguien1.2 enalgo(support/aid)
- He ordered me to enlist Wallace's support for one of his regular press conferences.
- In May 1982 Sharon he flew to Washington to enlist President Reagan's support.
- Anyway I secured the bid and enlisted Alex's help cleaning up the school as well.
- We lost all contact, but as it happened we both enlisted in the armed services the moment we turned eighteen.
- During the Civil War he enlisted in the Union army in the 20th Illinois Volunteer Infantry.
- He survived the Great Depression and enlisted in the US Army when the Second World War broke out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.