transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [soldiers/helpers/members] reclutar, alistar; [sailors] enrolar to enlist sb
insth conseguir* el apoyo de algn enalgo 1.2 [support/aid] conseguir*More example sentences
More example sentences
- He ordered me to enlist Wallace's support for one of his regular press conferences.
- In May 1982 Sharon he flew to Washington to enlist President Reagan's support.
- Anyway I secured the bid and enlisted Alex's help cleaning up the school as well.
- We lost all contact, but as it happened we both enlisted in the armed services the moment we turned eighteen.
- During the Civil War he enlisted in the Union army in the 20th Illinois Volunteer Infantry.
- He survived the Great Depression and enlisted in the US Army when the Second World War broke out.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.