Translation of enliven in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [conversation/person] animar; [room/place] darle* vida or alegría a, alegrarExample sentences
- And as a prolific writer armed with wit, his articles enlivened the pages of the magazines.
- Set in a Fife factory and drawn from personal experiences, the bleak subject is enlivened with humour and wit.
- Entertainment workers enlivened the rally with their acts.
- What enlivens us and mobilizes the will to live in each of us is profoundly unique.
- Their words, she says, not only enliven her but also help jog her memory about speeches she's given during the past 15 years.
- The music of Laurie Lewis will surprise you, enliven you, and cause you to reflect - just like bird songs themselves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.