Translation of ensign in Spanish:
- 1 (flag)Example sentences
- The Blue Ensign is not the ensign of the Royal Naval Reserve as such, as is sometimes stated.
- The French now used plain white flags, including ensigns, white being the royal colour.
- An ensign was the national flag flown (technically ‘worn’) by a warship.
- 2 (officer) 2.1 (in US navy) 2.2 (in UK army) (History)Example sentences
- The colours marched off the parade, an illustration where historically they would have been lodged for safe keeping in the colour ensign's quarters for the night and the evening watch mounted.
- Just to make things complicated, their ensign - the lowest commissioned rank in the British army - was a lieutenant-general, one of the highest in the world of real soldiers.
- The poems were never published, but they circulated widely and, as one officer said at the time, ‘there was scarcely a more or less literate ensign in the army who did not know them by heart.’
- The young ensign is sailing home from India in 1805 when his ship is seized by a French warship and he ends up off Cadiz, Spain.
- All Sailors will be given a clear career roadmap, outlining how they progress from seaman to master chief, or from ensign to admiral.
- Think about a fairly new petty officer or ensign dealing with a new system.
- ROTC is an elective course of study, taken in conjunction with any academic major that, upon graduation, leads to a reserve commission as a second lieutenant in the army, air force, or Marine Corps or an ensign in the navy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.