Translation of enter in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(room/house/country)the ship will enter port at 6 o'clock
entrar a (especially Latin America)el buque entrará a puerto or tomará puerto a las seis en puntothe sewage enters the sea untreatedlas aguas residuales llegan al mar or van a dar al mar sin haber sido tratadasit never entered my headni se me ocurrió
ni se me pasó por la mente or la cabezaExample sentences1.2 (penetrate)
- To enter into dialogue with a culture that does not possess the ontological security of majority cultures is to enter a representational space of intimacy.
- We entered the City at the original site of Temple Bar and descended Fleet Street, now a mere shadow of its former journalistic self.
- As planned, Buddha enters the City to attend a feast.
- 2 (begin)(period/phase)the strike is entering its third week
entrar enla huelga está entrando en su tercera semanaExample sentences
- It is expected to transform every life stage it enters.
- He also noted that the party is entering its 20th year in existence on December 21.
- 3 3.1 (join)(army)
entrar en(firm/organization)she entered politics at an early age
incorporarse ainició su carrera or andadura política siendo aún muy jovento enter the priesthoodhacerse sacerdote3.2 (begin to take part in)(war/negotiations)
sumarse aExample sentences
- In the last surviving section, the betrothed is introduced to and enters her new Byzantine family.
- The national interest analysis notes some of the disadvantages to New Zealand in entering a closer economic partnership with Thailand.
(student/candidate)she entered herself/three students for the examination
- Following this he became a Schools Inspector, entering at this stage the same profession as that of his father.
- The condition he has was discovered while he was a teenager and had been treated and noted before he entered Yale.
- Suggest a book for someone considering entering the Catholic Church.
presentarse presentó/presentó a tres estudiantes al examen12 horses have been entered in the racese han inscrito 12 caballos para tomar parte en la carreraExample sentences
- Nevertheless, success in the Islamic Games' tennis and entering the World Group play-offs are the landmarks of our national tennis.
- I am working towards entering the City of Glasgow Great Scottish Run on September 8.
- Luxembourg have entered the World Cup 15 times and finished bottom of their qualifying group every time.
(race)are you going to enter the competition?
- In nearly all cases, the defendant enters a guilty plea before trial.
- During a hearing on Monday, his solicitor entered no plea and made no application for bail.
- She too had been given an indication that upon such pleas being entered, the prosecution would not proceed further against her husband.
inscribirse (para tomar parte) en¿te vas a presentar al concurso?
- 4 4.1 (record — in register)(— in ledger, book)to enter one's name on a list
dar entrada ainscribirse en una listawords are entered in alphabetical orderse da entrada a las palabras por orden alfabéticoshe entered a cross against my namepuso una cruz junto a mi nombre4.2 (Computing)(data)
dar entrada a
- Secondly, you can deliberately enter information about yourself into a digital profile.
- So when you enter your information, it's going to a criminal somewhere in the Internet, who's taking that data and using it for financial crime.
- Users can use it to enter information about themselves on any web site without having to type it in manually every time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.