Translation of entertainment in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (amusement) I only play for my own entertainment(before noun) entertainment guidesolo toco para entretenermeit doesn't have much entertainment valueguía (feminine) del ocio or del entretenimientoguía (feminine) de entretención (Chile)no es muy entretenido or amenoExample sentences1.2 countable (show)
- The weekend will be a real family outing with lots of entertainment and amusements for children.
- This show is guaranteed to provide a night of pure enjoyment and entertainment.
- This gives the show a sense of amusement and entertainment that can only befit a game.
- 2 uncountable (hospitality) See examples: she devoted herself to the entertainment of her guestsse dedicó a atender a sus invitados(before noun) (allowance/expenses)de representaciónExample sentences
- Stocking groups from across York will perform renaissance-style entertainments during the free event.
- It was the primary musical element at Balinese Hindu rituals, social events and traditional entertainments.
- We should have the full list of events and entertainments in next week's column and we will let you know if there are any last minute changes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.