Translation of entertainment in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (amusement) I only play for my own entertainmentsolo toco para entretenerme(before noun) entertainment guideguía (feminine) del ocio or del entretenimientoit doesn't have much entertainment value
guía (feminine) de entretención (Chile)no es muy entretenido or amenoExample sentences1.2 countable (show)
- The weekend will be a real family outing with lots of entertainment and amusements for children.
- This show is guaranteed to provide a night of pure enjoyment and entertainment.
- This gives the show a sense of amusement and entertainment that can only befit a game.
- 2 uncountable (hospitality) she devoted herself to the entertainment of her guestsse dedicó a atender a sus invitados(before noun) (allowance/expenses)
de representaciónExample sentences
- Stocking groups from across York will perform renaissance-style entertainments during the free event.
- It was the primary musical element at Balinese Hindu rituals, social events and traditional entertainments.
- We should have the full list of events and entertainments in next week's column and we will let you know if there are any last minute changes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.