Translation of entitle in Spanish:
- 1 (give right)to entitle somebody
tosomethingdarle a alguien derechoit entitles you to free admission aalgote da derecho a entrar gratisthat doesn't entitle him to be so rudeeso no le da derecho a ser tan groseroto be entitled tosomethingtener derechoto be entitled to compensation aalgotener derecho a indemnizaciónI think she's entitled to a little respectme parece que se merece or que se le debe un poco de respetoExample sentences
- If she is entitled to receive it for professional services rendered, then she must be paid.
- In particular, would she be entitled to claim any compensation if I asked her to move out either now or in the future?
- He is entitled to claim that money back from the Commons as long as the office is not used for party politics.
- 2 (name) [formal] (book/painting/film) (often passive)titulara poem entitled 'Laura'
poner por título
darle el título deun poema titulado or que lleva por título 'Laura'un poema intitulado 'Laura' [formal]he entitled it 'X'le puso por título 'X'
le dio el título de 'X'Example sentences
- De Botton presents us Xavier de Maistre, a Frenchman who, in 1790, undertook a journey around his bedroom, later entitling an account of what he had seen ‘Journey Around My Bedroom’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.