Translation of entitle in Spanish:
- 1 (give right) See examples:to entitle somebody
tosomethingit entitles you to free admissiondarle a alguien derecho aalgothat doesn't entitle him to be so rudete da derecho a entrar gratisto be entitledeso no le da derecho a ser tan grosero tosomethingto be entitled to compensationtener derecho aalgoI think she's entitled to a little respecttener derecho a indemnizaciónme parece que se merece or que se le debe un poco de respetoExample sentences
- If she is entitled to receive it for professional services rendered, then she must be paid.
- In particular, would she be entitled to claim any compensation if I asked her to move out either now or in the future?
- He is entitled to claim that money back from the Commons as long as the office is not used for party politics.
- 2 (name) [formal] (book/painting/film) (often passive)a poem entitled 'Laura'poner por títulodarle el título dehe entitled it 'X'un poema titulado or que lleva por título 'Laura'un poema intitulado 'Laura' [formal]le puso por título 'X'le dio el título de 'X'Example sentences
- De Botton presents us Xavier de Maistre, a Frenchman who, in 1790, undertook a journey around his bedroom, later entitling an account of what he had seen ‘Journey Around My Bedroom’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.