- 1.1 (Ecology)the environmentthe Department of the Environment (in UK)el medio ambienteel Ministerio del Medio Ambiente≈ la Secretaría de Desarrollo Urbano y Ecología(en Méx)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (surroundings) See examples: a hostile environment for man
- I lived in hostile environments, surrounded by religious bigotry where no one understood me.
- As one might expect, the environments in which farm animals are confined can also be significantly contaminated.
- They have no respect for their environment, their surroundings and their neighbours.
she's studying rabbits in their natural environmentun medio hostil al hombrewild animals suffer in a zoo environmentestudia a los conejos en su entorno or hábitat naturalchildren need a stable home environmentlos animales salvajes sufren en el ambiente de un zoológicolos niños necesitan un hogar estable
- I am involved in creating pesticides that are better for both humans and the environment.
- So much sewage being pumped into the Thames is bad for the environment, bad for human health and bad for the image of the Thames.
- Education and the environment are the key areas of interest for the bank, worldwide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the