- 1 (Ecology)the environmentel medio ambientethe Department of the Environment (in UK)el Ministerio del Medio Ambiente
≈ la Secretaría de Desarrollo Urbano y Ecología (en Méx)Example sentences
- I lived in hostile environments, surrounded by religious bigotry where no one understood me.
- As one might expect, the environments in which farm animals are confined can also be significantly contaminated.
- They have no respect for their environment, their surroundings and their neighbours.
- I am involved in creating pesticides that are better for both humans and the environment.
- So much sewage being pumped into the Thames is bad for the environment, bad for human health and bad for the image of the Thames.
- Education and the environment are the key areas of interest for the bank, worldwide.
- 2 (surroundings) a hostile environment for manun medio hostil al hombreshe's studying rabbits in their natural environmentestudia a los conejos en su entorno or hábitat naturalwild animals suffer in a zoo environmentlos animales salvajes sufren en el ambiente de un zoológicochildren need a stable home environmentlos niños necesitan un hogar estable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.