- 1.1 [Ecology/Ecología] the environment el medio ambiente the Department of the Environment (in UK) el Ministerio del Medio Ambiente, ≈ la Secretaría de Desarrollo Urbano y Ecología ([ en Méx ])More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (surroundings) a hostile environment for man un medio hostil al hombre she's studying rabbits in their natural environment estudia a los conejos en su entorno or hábitat natural wild animals suffer in a zoo environment los animales salvajes sufren en el ambiente de un zoológico children need a stable home environment los niños necesitan un hogar estable
- I lived in hostile environments, surrounded by religious bigotry where no one understood me.
- As one might expect, the environments in which farm animals are confined can also be significantly contaminated.
- They have no respect for their environment, their surroundings and their neighbours.
- I am involved in creating pesticides that are better for both humans and the environment.
- So much sewage being pumped into the Thames is bad for the environment, bad for human health and bad for the image of the Thames.
- Education and the environment are the key areas of interest for the bank, worldwide.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.