- (witty saying, poem) epigrama (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- So, after weeks of intense preparation, I have come up with several epigrams so devastatingly clever in their sarcasm that my adversaries will be forced to admit defeat and submit to my will immediately.
- Many blogs feature in their heading a maxim, aphorism, saying, adage, axiom, saw, proverb, epigram or precept.
- This was one of the reasons that people spent more time making up pithy aphorisms and witty epigrams.
- He was one of the most versatile of Roman poets, who wrote love poems, elegies, and satirical epigrams with equal success.
- The papyrus bears 112 short poems called epigrams.
- The Greek Anthology, a collection of erotic and witty epigrams compiled from classical to Byzantine times, pales beside it.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.