Translation of equalizer in Spanish:
- 1 (Sport)to score the equalizergol (masculine) de la igualada or del empatemarcar el gol de la igualada or del empateExample sentences
- These days, they score a goal and hope to stop their opponents from scoring an equaliser.
- Defoe set up Cole for the second equaliser before scoring the winner.
- Aspell crowned a good game by scoring the equaliser.
- 2 (pistol)Example sentences
- Colt claimed that his guns were the ‘great equalizers.’
- Nuclear weapons, chemical weapons and missiles are viewed, probably erroneously, as the potential equalizer of superior Western conventional power.
- More often than not, the real equalizer was his gun.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.