Translation of equalizer in Spanish:
- 1 [Sport/Deporte] gol (masculine) de la igualada or del empate to score the equalizer marcar* el gol de la igualada or del empateExample sentences
- These days, they score a goal and hope to stop their opponents from scoring an equaliser.
- Defoe set up Cole for the second equaliser before scoring the winner.
- Aspell crowned a good game by scoring the equaliser.
- 2 (pistol) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot], fusca (feminine) [slang/argot], pistola (feminine)Example sentences
- Colt claimed that his guns were the ‘great equalizers.’
- Nuclear weapons, chemical weapons and missiles are viewed, probably erroneously, as the potential equalizer of superior Western conventional power.
- More often than not, the real equalizer was his gun.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.