Translation of equivalent in Spanish:
- 1 (equal)(size/value)to be equivalent
tosomethingequivaler$100 US was roughly equivalent to £50 sterling aalgo100 dólares americanos equivalían or eran equivalentes a unas 50 libras esterlinashis request was equivalent to a demandsu petición era poco menos que una exigenciato be equivalent to -ingequivalerit is equivalent to increasing our prices by 7% a+ infinitiveequivale a aumentar nuestros precios en un 7%Example sentences
- But hang on to the receipt in case you want to exchange it for something of equivalent value in case you don't need that day or you've had it before.
- Farmers are now expecting prices to lift by an equivalent amount.
- We will panic about being unable to afford to replace the boiler and then, on impulse, book a weekend in Ibiza that costs the equivalent amount.
- 2 (corresponding)(position/term)to be equivalent
tosomethingser el equivalente dealgoExample sentences
- Additionally, the effect of watching fish was determined to be equivalent to the effect of hypnosis.
- The effect is equivalent to always rejecting the face-up card that is passed to you.
- Aids currently causes deaths equivalent to the Holocaust every two years.
- there isn't an exact English equivalent for that worden inglés no hay (un) equivalente exacto de esa palabraExample sentences
- This amount is the equivalent today to about $750, but in terms of rupees it is not an insignificant sum.
- Money, the means of expression of value as a symbolic equivalent, is comparable, Marx said, to language.
- Marias opens the piece by talking about how some phrases just don't have a similar equivalent in other languages.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.