Translation of equivalent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (equal)(size/value)to be equivalent
tosomething$100 US was roughly equivalent to £50 sterlingequivaler aalgohis request was equivalent to a demand100 dólares americanos equivalían or eran equivalentes a unas 50 libras esterlinasto be equivalentsu petición era poco menos que una exigencia to -ingit is equivalent to increasing our prices by 7%equivaler a+ infinitiveequivale a aumentar nuestros precios en un 7%Example sentences1.2 (corresponding)
(position/term)to be equivalent
- But hang on to the receipt in case you want to exchange it for something of equivalent value in case you don't need that day or you've had it before.
- Farmers are now expecting prices to lift by an equivalent amount.
- We will panic about being unable to afford to replace the boiler and then, on impulse, book a weekend in Ibiza that costs the equivalent amount.
tosomethingser el equivalente dealgoExample sentences
- Additionally, the effect of watching fish was determined to be equivalent to the effect of hypnosis.
- The effect is equivalent to always rejecting the face-up card that is passed to you.
- Aids currently causes deaths equivalent to the Holocaust every two years.
- there isn't an exact English equivalent for that worden inglés no hay (un) equivalente exacto de esa palabraExample sentences
- This amount is the equivalent today to about $750, but in terms of rupees it is not an insignificant sum.
- Money, the means of expression of value as a symbolic equivalent, is comparable, Marx said, to language.
- Marias opens the piece by talking about how some phrases just don't have a similar equivalent in other languages.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.