Translation of equivalent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (equal) [size/value] equivalente to be equivalent
tosth equivaler aalgo $100 US was roughly equivalent to £50 sterling 100 dólares americanos equivalían or eran equivalentes a unas 50 libras esterlinas his request was equivalent to a demand su petición era poco menos que una exigencia to be equivalent to -ingequivaler a+ infinitive/infinitivoit is equivalent to increasing our prices by 7% equivale a aumentar nuestros precios en un 7%Example sentences1.2 (corresponding) [position/term] equivalente to be equivalent
- But hang on to the receipt in case you want to exchange it for something of equivalent value in case you don't need that day or you've had it before.
- Farmers are now expecting prices to lift by an equivalent amount.
- We will panic about being unable to afford to replace the boiler and then, on impulse, book a weekend in Ibiza that costs the equivalent amount.
tosth ser* el equivalente dealgoExample sentences
- Additionally, the effect of watching fish was determined to be equivalent to the effect of hypnosis.
- The effect is equivalent to always rejecting the face-up card that is passed to you.
- Aids currently causes deaths equivalent to the Holocaust every two years.
- equivalente (masculine) there isn't an exact English equivalent for that word en inglés no hay (un) equivalente exacto de esa palabra
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.