Translation of erase in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rub out)(pencil mark/error)the teacher erased the blackboard (American English)la profesora borró el pizarrónExample sentences1.2 (Audio, Computing)
Example sentences1.3 [literary]
- A sudden smile can smooth it free of tension as easily as the tide can erase marks on sand.
- The kids glanced up at me, and some started erasing their marks.
- Remarkably, seven days later her mark was erased.
(emotion)she tried to erase the dreadful scenes from her mindtrató de borrar or apartar las terribles escenas de su pensamiento [literary]Example sentences
- Just like erasing a magnetic hard disk does not delete all the information stored on the disk, common erasure methods for tapes do not erase all of the data on the tape.
- The degaussing process is designed to erase the tape magnetically back to a virgin state.
- A file in the Recycle Bin is not erased from your computer until you select ‘Empty the Recycle Bin’ from the File menu.
- If women participated in this myth-making in order to understand themselves and their place in the world, the traces have been erased or repressed.
- In some parts of Latin America, there's been an attempt to erase many of the traces of liberation theology in any of its forms.
- That element of my nightmare had been erased, diminished, dissolved.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.