Translation of err in Spanish:
- 1.1 (be mistaken)to err
insomething/ -ingequivocarse or errarI prefer to err on the side of caution enalgo/ al+ infinitiveprefiero pecar de cauteloso or por exceso de precauciónExample sentences1.2 (stray)
incurrir en faltato err from the path of righteousnessapartarse del camino del biento err is human, to forgive divineExample sentences
- He has done a good job as far as trying to protect us, but we think he erred in these areas, and we feel we can do better, because our strengths are what they are.
- The army denied the curfew was lifted, but said an initial inquiry ‘indicates that the force erred in its action’.
- I may have erred in posting anything here about this sad dispute.
- Traffic officers as a matter of routine, get ‘oiled’ by erring motorists for turning a blind eye to defective, unroadworthy or overloaded vehicles, sometimes with fatal consequences.
- A hotline number has been made available to report corruption and erring officials will be suspended on the spot.
- Some other police forces have run schemes where residents have been given the opportunity to speak to erring drivers and point out how their speed or manner of driving could put members of the community at risk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.