Translation of err in Spanish:
- 1.1 (be mistaken) See examples:to err
insomething/ -ingI prefer to err on the side of cautionequivocarse or errar enalgo/ al+ infinitiveprefiero pecar de cauteloso or por exceso de precauciónExample sentences1.2 (stray)
to err from the path of righteousnessincurrir en faltato err is human, to forgive divineapartarse del camino del bienExample sentences
- He has done a good job as far as trying to protect us, but we think he erred in these areas, and we feel we can do better, because our strengths are what they are.
- The army denied the curfew was lifted, but said an initial inquiry ‘indicates that the force erred in its action’.
- I may have erred in posting anything here about this sad dispute.
- Traffic officers as a matter of routine, get ‘oiled’ by erring motorists for turning a blind eye to defective, unroadworthy or overloaded vehicles, sometimes with fatal consequences.
- A hotline number has been made available to report corruption and erring officials will be suspended on the spot.
- Some other police forces have run schemes where residents have been given the opportunity to speak to erring drivers and point out how their speed or manner of driving could put members of the community at risk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.