Translation of erupt in Spanish:
entrar en erupción
hacer erupciónExample sentences
- Suppose that the mountain erupts, leaving lava around the countryside.
- Steve poked his head out the window and saw that a volcano had erupted and a hot lava flow was headed right towards the hotel!
- The volcanic pile built up above sea level so that lavas began to be erupted subaerially.
- 2(water)the flames erupted through the roof
salir a chorros
manar a chorrosde repente empezaron a salir llamaradas por el tejadosuddenly the fire eruptedde pronto hubo una erupción de llamasExample sentences
- Possible evidence for this theory concerns the brown ridges that mark the moon's terrain, thought to be caused by instant freezing of liquid water erupting from beneath the ice crust.
- The current lava flows are arms of the larger lava flow that erupted earlier this year on Mother's Day.
- In turn, the melt rises toward the surface and erupts in spectacular volcanoes.
- 3 (break out)(violence/fighting)he erupted with anger at the news
estallarestalló en cólera al oír la noticiawhen she came on, the crowd eruptedcuando apareció en escena, la multitud estalló en aplausos ( or vítores etc. )Example sentences
- Long-standing grievances over environmental and health issues erupted soon after the downfall of Suharto.
- That may have rankled the Church - but nothing like as ferociously as the gay marriage issue which has since erupted.
- A fresh row has erupted over the thorny issue of a northern bypass for Witham.
- Flawless skin suddenly erupts with pimples as one grows up.
- Five college kids head into the great outdoors, only to be stricken with an illness that makes their skin erupt in sores.
- Cara Duncan, from Aberdeen, has been swathed in bandages since she was three months old to stop her skin erupting in painful blisters from an allergy to everyday items.
- 4Example sentences
- What was not explained was that for a couple of days afterwards, spots can erupt and you can feel strange, or more emotional than usual.
- Shadows of pain echoed over his body, from the feeling of a limb being severed, to the feeling of a thousand boil poxes erupting from his skin all at once.
- When the villagers took her body in a boat for the customary sea burial, they noticed that small boils were erupting all over her skin, and tiny filaments were emerging from the boils.
- Example sentences
- After spitting a few sparks, it erupted into a burning fire.
- Gay was knocked unconscious by the impact, and a small fire under the wheelwell erupted into a major blaze.
- The floor, walls, and any hapless machine that happened to be nearby erupted into fire and smoke.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.