Translation of estate in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (land, property) (before noun) estate managementadministración (feminine) de fincasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (group of buildings) a private estate
- And when Martha Raye died three years later, she left most of her multi-million dollar estate to him, not to her only child.
un complejo habitacionaluna urbanización (Spain)un fraccionamiento (Mexico)an industrial estate (British)una zona or un parque industrialun polígono industrial (Spain)(council) estate (British) see → council 1 2
- The grandparents then withdraw to another house on the family estate and cultivate their own land as long as they can.
- These include extensive country estates at Emmersdorf and Mollenburg and a house in a top location in Vienna's city centre.
- His family owns an estate in the country as well as a house in town and as eldest son he stands to inherit quite a tidy sum.
- 3 (political, social class) the three estateslos tres estados or estamentosthe first/second/third estateel primer/segundo/tercer estadothe fourth estateExample sentences
- If they really did that, we would simply have to say: ‘We, the judges, are an independent estate of the realm and it's not open to the legislature to put us out of business.’
- They rejected parliamentary government, with its king or queen and three estates of the realm (lords spiritual, lords temporal, and the commons).
- In an important sense, inland towns were parasitic on the countryside, for the bulk of the seigneurial dues, rents, tithes, and fees collected by the first two estates of the realm were spent in urban centres.
- They began with one very old intellectual tool, a conception of the different estates in society.
- Meanwhile, the novel also deals with the insecurities of self - in the middle and upper estates as well as the lowest - in a changing society.
- By law, society was divided into three groups called estates.
- 4estate (car) (British) → station wagon
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.