Translation of etch in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Art, Printing)(copper/glass)(design/outline)Example sentences
- The masking layer is patterned so as to form a desired arrangement of metal lines by etching the underlying metal layer.
- The front layer of glass is etched with a grid pattern on the inside surface to form a template for the liquid crystals.
- Most manufacturers offer choices of beveled, etched, and stained glass.
- The early process involved etching a design replicated from a travel book onto a copper plate.
- Much controversy still remains regarding the techniques used, but all processes began with etching and/or engraving the desired design on a copperplate.
- One submission called for photographs of victims to be etched into glass plates.
Example sentences1.2 (imprint strongly) [literary] (usually passive) the pain/incident is etched forever on my mind
- The poem will be etched in the memorial stone - a tangible acknowledgement of the loss of life and accompanying grief, says Appleton.
- So if you want to remember a date that will be etched in history, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast area August 29th.
- The final will be a huge undertaking for a team which could be etched in the annals of history.
tengo el dolor/incidente grabado para siempre en la memoria
- Its surface was etched with carvings and hieroglyphics, dating back to the dawn of the world itself.
- The great claymore shone in all its glory, its black and gold hilt, intricately etched with the markings of the society.
- Standing at the centre of the memorial are six large basalt obelisks etched with the names of all the countries where Australians have been held prisoner of war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.