Translation of etch in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Art, Printing)(copper/glass)
- The masking layer is patterned so as to form a desired arrangement of metal lines by etching the underlying metal layer.
- The front layer of glass is etched with a grid pattern on the inside surface to form a template for the liquid crystals.
- Most manufacturers offer choices of beveled, etched, and stained glass.
- The early process involved etching a design replicated from a travel book onto a copper plate.
- Much controversy still remains regarding the techniques used, but all processes began with etching and/or engraving the desired design on a copperplate.
- One submission called for photographs of victims to be etched into glass plates.
Example sentences1.2 (imprint strongly) [literary] (usually passive) the pain/incident is etched forever on my mind
- The poem will be etched in the memorial stone - a tangible acknowledgement of the loss of life and accompanying grief, says Appleton.
- So if you want to remember a date that will be etched in history, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast area August 29th.
- The final will be a huge undertaking for a team which could be etched in the annals of history.
tengo el dolor/incidente grabado para siempre en la memoria
- Its surface was etched with carvings and hieroglyphics, dating back to the dawn of the world itself.
- The great claymore shone in all its glory, its black and gold hilt, intricately etched with the markings of the society.
- Standing at the centre of the memorial are six large basalt obelisks etched with the names of all the countries where Australians have been held prisoner of war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.