Translation of etch in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Art/Arte] [Printing/Imprenta] [copper/glass] grabar; [design/outline] grabarExample sentences
- The early process involved etching a design replicated from a travel book onto a copper plate.
- Much controversy still remains regarding the techniques used, but all processes began with etching and/or engraving the desired design on a copperplate.
- One submission called for photographs of victims to be etched into glass plates.
Example sentences1.2 (imprint strongly) [literary/literario] (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) grabar the pain/incident is etched forever on my mind tengo el dolor/incidente grabado para siempre en la memoria
- The poem will be etched in the memorial stone - a tangible acknowledgement of the loss of life and accompanying grief, says Appleton.
- So if you want to remember a date that will be etched in history, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast area August 29th.
- The final will be a huge undertaking for a team which could be etched in the annals of history.
- Its surface was etched with carvings and hieroglyphics, dating back to the dawn of the world itself.
- The great claymore shone in all its glory, its black and gold hilt, intricately etched with the markings of the society.
- Standing at the centre of the memorial are six large basalt obelisks etched with the names of all the countries where Australians have been held prisoner of war.
- The masking layer is patterned so as to form a desired arrangement of metal lines by etching the underlying metal layer.
- The front layer of glass is etched with a grid pattern on the inside surface to form a template for the liquid crystals.
- Most manufacturers offer choices of beveled, etched, and stained glass.
- When the team reflect upon this defeat, two questions will be etched in their minds.
- But, for the staff and patients who had the chance of a lifetime to speak to Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh, it was a moment that will be etched on their memories forever.
- One sobering statistic that will be forever etched in my mind is that over 3,000 children lost a mother or father on that fateful day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas