Translation of ethnic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (concerning race)(origin/group/makeup)an ethnic minoritythe conflicts are ethnic in originuna minoría étnicalos conflictos son de origen racialExample sentences
- These policy shifts stem from struggles over social dominance among cultural and ethnic groups within the larger society.
- He says Germany's 2 million-plus Turks are the country's largest foreign ethnic group.
- The company dates back to a time when they would sell their products within ethnic communities, before eventually expanding to include the other Australians.
Example sentences1.2 (belonging to racial minority)
- The Muslim community in America is made up of people from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds and national origins.
- People from more than a hundred different nationalities and as many cultural and ethnic origins were subsumed under a single national identity in Israel.
- As I have set out above, the school has for many years taught pupils from a wide variety of ethnic origins, cultural backgrounds and religious faiths.
(culture/art/vote)de las minorías étnicas(restaurant)they were dressed in traditional ethnic stylesvestían a la manera típica de su paísExample sentences
- About 25 per cent of the university's students are Bulgarians of Turkish ethnic origin and Roma.
- They were predominantly ethnic Albanian, but from different backgrounds - farmers, politicians and retirees.
- Macedonia came close to civil war last year, when ethnic Albanians staged an uprising demanding greater rights.
- The richness of their heritage became a legacy for all and their recordings dating back to the turn of the 20th century put Irish traditional music on a par with other ethnic world music forms.
- Dark blue walls shimmer with candlelight, a display case of market vegetables glows in the background and strains of ethnic music play at just the right level for conversation.
- The festival, to be held on October 9, features ethnic foods and music, craft booths, and food vendors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than