Translation of ethnic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (concerning race) [origin/group/makeup] étnico an ethnic minority una minoría étnica the conflicts are ethnic in origin los conflictos son de origen racialExample sentences1.2 (belonging to racial minority) [culture/art/vote] de las minorías étnicas; [restaurant] exótico they were dressed in traditional ethnic styles vestían a la manera típica de su país
- About 25 per cent of the university's students are Bulgarians of Turkish ethnic origin and Roma.
- They were predominantly ethnic Albanian, but from different backgrounds - farmers, politicians and retirees.
- Macedonia came close to civil war last year, when ethnic Albanians staged an uprising demanding greater rights.
- These policy shifts stem from struggles over social dominance among cultural and ethnic groups within the larger society.
- He says Germany's 2 million-plus Turks are the country's largest foreign ethnic group.
- The company dates back to a time when they would sell their products within ethnic communities, before eventually expanding to include the other Australians.
- The Muslim community in America is made up of people from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds and national origins.
- People from more than a hundred different nationalities and as many cultural and ethnic origins were subsumed under a single national identity in Israel.
- As I have set out above, the school has for many years taught pupils from a wide variety of ethnic origins, cultural backgrounds and religious faiths.
- The richness of their heritage became a legacy for all and their recordings dating back to the turn of the 20th century put Irish traditional music on a par with other ethnic world music forms.
- Dark blue walls shimmer with candlelight, a display case of market vegetables glows in the background and strains of ethnic music play at just the right level for conversation.
- The festival, to be held on October 9, features ethnic foods and music, craft booths, and food vendors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.