Translation of evacuate in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (leave)Example sentences1.2 (make people leave)
- Smoke management systems may also be employed, especially where occupants are unable to evacuate the zone of fire origin, as may happen in a detention facility.
- Authorities are urging about 9,000 people living nearby to evacuate that danger zone.
- Under proposed amendments to the Civil Contingencies Bill, the police will be able to evacuate danger areas should a ‘catastrophic incident’ occur.
(residents/population)they were evacuated to the countryside/from the area
- Thousands of people were evacuated, and police snipers placed on the rooftops.
- Cuba battened down for what could be the most powerful hurricane to hit the island in living memory and tens of thousands of people were evacuated from their homes.
- Police evacuated the residents of the 14 flats at St John's Gardens, Lake Road, at around 11.20 pm on Tuesday.
evacuarfueron evacuados al campo/de la zona
- Because Daio induces diarrhea, it was increased gradually till the patients evacuated their bowels two or three times a day.
- Terrified and claustrophobic she vomited and evacuated her bowel and bladder.
- The nurse evacuates the patient's urinary bladder via the Crede's maneuver (ie, massaging the bladder by pressing down on the anterior, superior surface of the abdomen).
- Approximately 2.5 L of clotted blood was evacuated from the hematoma.
- A bleeder from the temporal vein was ligated, clot and blood were evacuated, and the neck was redrained.
- At 12 months, the body's natural metabolism evacuates the copolymer from the surrounding tissue by forming carbon dioxide and water, and by 15 months, the copolymer is completely eliminated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.