Translation of event in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (happening, incident) events proved us rightel desarrollo de los acontecimientos demostró que estábamos en lo ciertothe events of that nightlos acontecimientos or los sucesos de aquella nochethey were overtaken by eventslos acontecimientos les tomaron la delanterain the normal course of eventsen circunstancias normalestheatrical eventespectáculo (masculine) teatrala charitable eventun espectáculo ( or certamen etc) con fines benéficosit was the sporting event of 1993fue el gran acontecimiento or ( (Latin America) tb) evento deportivo de 1993Example sentences1.2 (Sport)
- It was simply bad luck that it pulled out, and even worse luck that such a rare event happens when I am on the boat.
- They have also listened to the views of others - sometimes a rare event in local government.
- It really is a rare event that one email can have our headquarters having a joint chuckle.
- There are other sporting events that honour their champions with unique apparel.
- When you talk about the death of people at a sporting event, the sport itself passes into the background.
- It is feared that low-flying seagulls could disrupt events such as beach volleyball.
- 2 (in phrases) in the eventshe was afraid he might be rude, but in the event …tenía miedo de que se portara groseramente, pero llegado el momento …in the event it was the boss herself who answered the phoneresultó ser la jefa misma quien contestó el teléfonoin the event of the reactor becoming overheateden caso de que el reactor se recalentarain the event that your wife predeceases you [formal]en el caso eventual or en el supuesto caso de que su mujer falleciera antes que ustedin that eventen ese casoin any/either eventen todo/cualquier casoat all events after the event it's easy to be wise after the eventes muy fácil hablar ( or criticar etc) a posteriori
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.