Translation of event in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (happening, incident) events proved us rightthe events of that nightel desarrollo de los acontecimientos demostró que estábamos en lo ciertothey were overtaken by eventslos acontecimientos or los sucesos de aquella nochein the normal course of eventslos acontecimientos les tomaron la delanteratheatrical eventen circunstancias normalesa charitable eventespectáculo (masculine) teatralit was the sporting event of 1993un espectáculo ( or certamen etc) con fines benéficosfue el gran acontecimiento or (in Latin America also) evento deportivo de 1993Example sentences1.2 (Sport)
- It was simply bad luck that it pulled out, and even worse luck that such a rare event happens when I am on the boat.
- They have also listened to the views of others - sometimes a rare event in local government.
- It really is a rare event that one email can have our headquarters having a joint chuckle.
- There are other sporting events that honour their champions with unique apparel.
- When you talk about the death of people at a sporting event, the sport itself passes into the background.
- It is feared that low-flying seagulls could disrupt events such as beach volleyball.
- 2 (in phrases) in the eventshe was afraid he might be rude, but in the event …in the event it was the boss herself who answered the phonetenía miedo de que se portara groseramente, pero llegado el momento …in the event of the reactor becoming overheatedresultó ser la jefa misma quien contestó el teléfonoin the event that your wife predeceases you [formal]en caso de que el reactor se recalentarain that eventen el caso eventual or en el supuesto caso de que su mujer falleciera antes que ustedin any/either eventen ese casoat all events after the event it's easy to be wise after the eventen todo/cualquier casoes muy fácil hablar ( or criticar etc) a posteriori
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.