Translation of every in Spanish:
- 1 (each) every room was searchedse registraron todas las habitacionesevery writer needs a good dictionary
se registró cada una de las habitacionestodo escritor necesita un buen diccionarioshe wins every timesiempre ganaevery day/minute is preciouscada día/minuto es preciososhe comes every monthviene todos los mesesit was expensive, but worth every pennysalió caro, pero valió la penashe's written six novels and I've read every oneha escrito seis novelas y las he leído todasthey gave every one of their employees a watchle regalaron un reloj a cada uno de los empleadosevery one of youtodos y cada uno de ustedesevery single one of them was brokenestaban todos rotos, sin excepciónthey do it every timesiempre hacen lo mismoevery other boy in the class has onetodos los demás niños de la clase tienen unohe pandered to her every whimle consentía todos los caprichoshanging on her every wordpendiente de cada cosa que decíathey watch your every moveestán continuamente vigilándoteExample sentences
- He had no issue with that at all and that made it easier for every member of the family.
- After a decade the group still have a few original members and gain new members every year.
- We all agree that every society and every individual has the right to self defence.
- 2 (indicating recurrence) every ten milescada diez millasevery three days, every third daycada tres díashe comes every other dayviene un día sí, otro no or (Southern Cone) (Peru) viene día por medioevery other o every second house has a gardenuna casa sí y otra no tiene jardínleave every other page blankdeja en blanco una página sí y otra noevery other person I spoke tocasi toda la gente con quien habléevery now and then o againde tanto en tantoevery once in a while every so oftencada tanto
de vez en cuandoExample sentences
- The camp will run from Friday to Sunday and will return on the third weekend of every month.
- On every third opening of the pages, there is a medallist now known to have cheated.
- In some swims, on every third cast the weight would jam up on a hidden snag and we'd have to pull for a break.
- 3 (very great, all possible) they have every confidence in usconfían plenamente or tienen plena confianza en nosotrosI wished them every happinessles deseé toda la felicidad del mundowe've every reason to doubt her wordtenemos razones de peso or de sobra para dudar de su palabrashe made every effort to satisfy himhizo lo indecible or todo lo posible por satisfacerlothere is every prospect of a reconciliationhay muchas posibilidades de que se reconcilienyou had every chancetuviste todo tipo de oportunidadesExample sentences
- He said staff were now making every effort to encourage new applications for grants.
- These children are our future and should be given every chance possible to succeed.
- The Rotarians have agreed that every possible step should be taken to stop the work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.