Translation of evidence in Spanish:
- 1 (Law) 1.1 (proof)Example sentences1.2 (statements)the evidence for the defense/prosecution
el descargo de la defensa/el capítulo de cargosanything you say may be taken down and used in evidence against you (British English)cualquier cosa que diga podrá utilizarse como prueba en su contrato give evidence for/against somebodydeclarar or prestar declaración a favor/en contra de alguiento turn state's evidence o (British English) Queen's/King's evidencedeclarar como testigo de la acusación (con el propósito de obtener una reducción de la propia pena)1.3 (objects) to destroy the evidencedestruir las pruebasthe revolver was produced as evidenceel revólver fue presentado como prueba
- He is entitled by law to call evidence and to be represented by counsel at such a hearing.
- For the Crown it is argued that this evidence was admissible but not as evidence of similar facts.
- In the absence of such evidence we see no need for the Attorney General to lead evidence in rebuttal.
- 2 2.1 (grounds, supporting data) what is the evidence that God exists?¿qué prueba(s) hay de que Dios exista?some of the evidence suggests a conspiracyhay indicios que apuntan a una conspiraciónExample sentences2.2 (testimony) on the evidence of those present
según (el testimonio or las declaraciones de) los que estuvieron presentesthe evidence of the sensesel testimonio de los sentidos2.3 (sign, indication) the house showed evidence of neglectla casa se veía descuidadamuch in evidencehe isn't much in evidence these daysúltimamente no se lo ve muchopoverty is very much in evidence in rural areasla pobreza de las zonas rurales es manifiestaExample sentences
- This pattern is consistent within the whole body of evidence in the present study.
- The evidence now questions whether the grounds on which we went to war were right.
- Insufficient evidence is available to judge whether this relation is cause and effect.
- Subtle evidences are indications of the trend to suppress public display of Christianity in favor of other religions, paganism, or simply anti-Christian sentiment.
- The end of the twentieth century also brought evidences of decline, marked by ephemera, bombastic spectacle, revivals from better times, and periodic infusions of life from Europe and England.
- These evidences indicated that houseflies could be used as a model system, with the possible wider application of alleviating symptoms of aging in human subjects.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.