Translation of evidence in Spanish:
- 1 [Law/Derecho] 1.1 (proof) pruebas (feminine plural) 1.2 (statements) the evidence for the defense/prosecution el descargo de la defensa/el capítulo de cargos anything you say may be taken down and used in evidence against you (British English/inglés británico) cualquier cosa que diga podrá utilizarse como prueba en su contra to give evidence for/against sb declarar or prestar declaración a favor/en contra de algn to turn state's evidence o (British English/inglés británico) Queen's/King's evidence declarar como testigo de la acusación ([ con el propósito de obtener una reducción de la propia pena ]) 1.3 (objects) pruebas (feminine plural) to destroy the evidence destruir* las pruebas the revolver was produced as evidence el revólver fue presentado como prueba
- 2 2.1 (grounds, supporting data) pruebas (feminine plural) what is the evidence that God exists? ¿qué prueba(s) hay de que Dios exista? some of the evidence suggests a conspiracy hay indicios que apuntan a una conspiración 2.2 (testimony) testimonio (masculine) on the evidence of those present según (el testimonio or las declaraciones de) los que estuvieron presentes the evidence of the senses el testimonio de los sentidosExample sentences2.3 (sign, indication) indicio (masculine), señal (feminine) the house showed evidence of neglect la casa se veía descuidada much in evidence he isn't much in evidence these days últimamente no se lo ve mucho poverty is very much in evidence in rural areas la pobreza de las zonas rurales es manifiesta
- He is entitled by law to call evidence and to be represented by counsel at such a hearing.
- For the Crown it is argued that this evidence was admissible but not as evidence of similar facts.
- In the absence of such evidence we see no need for the Attorney General to lead evidence in rebuttal.
- This pattern is consistent within the whole body of evidence in the present study.
- The evidence now questions whether the grounds on which we went to war were right.
- Insufficient evidence is available to judge whether this relation is cause and effect.
- Subtle evidences are indications of the trend to suppress public display of Christianity in favor of other religions, paganism, or simply anti-Christian sentiment.
- The end of the twentieth century also brought evidences of decline, marked by ephemera, bombastic spectacle, revivals from better times, and periodic infusions of life from Europe and England.
- These evidences indicated that houseflies could be used as a model system, with the possible wider application of alleviating symptoms of aging in human subjects.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.