Translation of evil in Spanish:
- 1.1 (wicked) [demon/wizard] malvado, maligno; [deeds/thoughts/character] de gran maldad; [influence] maléfico, funesto; [plan/suggestion] diabólico, maléfico an evil spirit un espíritu maligno or maléfico an evil tongue una lengua viperina or malévola evil spell maleficio (masculine) an evil killer un malvado asesinoExample sentences1.2 (unpleasant) [smell] asqueroso he has an evil temper tiene muy mal genio to put off the evil day/hour retrasar or posponer* el día/momento fatídico or funesto
- She too is evil, dark and wicked and she too will pay the price if she does die.
- A girl can't even get the satisfaction of contemplating evil deeds in a properly villainous position these days!
- His atrocities and evil deeds invited the curse.
- Taxes with or without representation are evil, ever fostering harm and destruction.
- Logically, if one follows the common mores of the west, the intent to ‘do harm’ would be evil.
- In his homily he urged the young people to remain loyal to the pledge to abstain from alcohol which they were taking, and warned them of the evil effect on society from the use of drugs.
- One of these, when I knew it many years ago, was black, splattered with pigeon droppings, subjected to dense fogs, evil smells, filth everywhere.
- Speight's putsch has the evil smell of a South Pacific Kristallnacht.
- Borne along by the flow of traffic, she passed through the forum arch into a stew of noises, colors, and evil smells.
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (sin, wrong-doing) mal (masculine) there is no evil in her no tiene ninguna maldad the struggle of good against evil la lucha del bien y del mal 1.2 countable/numerable (sth harmful) mal (masculine) a necessary evil un mal necesario the lesser of two evils el menor de dos males
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the