Translation of evil in Spanish:
- 1.1 (wicked)(deeds/thoughts/character)an evil spiritde gran maldadan evil tongueun espíritu maligno or maléficoevil spell an evil killeruna lengua viperina or malévolaun malvado asesinoExample sentences1.2 (unpleasant)
(smell)he has an evil temperto put off the evil day/hourtiene muy mal genioretrasar or posponer el día/momento fatídico or funestoExample sentences
- She too is evil, dark and wicked and she too will pay the price if she does die.
- A girl can't even get the satisfaction of contemplating evil deeds in a properly villainous position these days!
- His atrocities and evil deeds invited the curse.
- Taxes with or without representation are evil, ever fostering harm and destruction.
- Logically, if one follows the common mores of the west, the intent to ‘do harm’ would be evil.
- In his homily he urged the young people to remain loyal to the pledge to abstain from alcohol which they were taking, and warned them of the evil effect on society from the use of drugs.
- One of these, when I knew it many years ago, was black, splattered with pigeon droppings, subjected to dense fogs, evil smells, filth everywhere.
- Speight's putsch has the evil smell of a South Pacific Kristallnacht.
- Borne along by the flow of traffic, she passed through the forum arch into a stew of noises, colors, and evil smells.
- 1.1 uncountable (sin, wrong-doing) there is no evil in herthe struggle of good against evilno tiene ninguna maldad1.2 countable (something harmful) a necessary evilla lucha del bien y del malthe lesser of two evilsun mal necesarioel menor de dos malesExample sentences
- It is a minor skin problem yet it is considered a social evil.
- It was for the political reason that Nazism had ceased to be a social evil, especially when viewed alongside the new menace of communism.
- We are responsible to God if by our carelessness or neglect we lead our children into a life or crime or other social evils.
- Next will be that perennial complaint by predictable hand wringers that children's toy advertising is a modern evil of biblical proportions.
- I implore the May Day protesters to worry about real problems, rather than just labelling everything as an evil of capitalism.
- There are indications that romantic aberrations are becoming more and more an evil of underprivileged people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.