Translation of examination in Spanish:
- 1 countable [formal] (School, University) to take or (British also) sit an examinationdar or hacer un examenrendir un examen (Southern Cone)tomar un examen (Mexico)examinarse (Spain)to pass an examinationaprobar or pasar un examensalvar un examen (Uruguay)to fail an examinationreprobar un examensuspender un examen (Spain)perder un examen (Uruguay)a history examinationun examen de historia(before noun) examination boardcomisión (feminine) examinadora (Latin America)Example sentences
- You and your child will be faced with plenty of tests and formal examinations in the years to come.
- The objective tests in the entrance examinations hardly speak of the candidate's knowledge, aptitude and attitude.
- The winner is selected on the marks achieved in written, practical and oral examinations along with project work.
- 2 countable and uncountable 2.1 (inspection)(of building) inspección (feminine)(of passports) control (masculine)Example sentences2.2 (study, investigation) it requires close examination
requiere un examen riguroso or minuciosoon closer examination we discovered this markal examinarlo más de cerca descubrimos esta marcaExample sentences
- Seventeen of his patients had fatal angina confirmed by autopsy examinations.
- Detailed shoulder examinations were performed of both sides to assess range of motion, strength, and stability.
- Screening clinical and functional examinations preceded CT studies of the lungs.
- At the Inquest examination of witnesses will bring out more evidence and detail.
- Generally speaking, judges have broad powers in directing the examination of witnesses.
- He has the same powers as the court in respect of the attendance and the examination of witnesses and the production of documents.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.