Translation of examination in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable [formal] [Sch] [Univ] examen (masculine) to take o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) sit an examination dar* or hacer* or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) rendir* or (Mexico/México) tomar un examen, examinarse (Spain/España) to pass an examination aprobar* or pasar or (Urug tb) salvar un examen to fail an examination reprobar* or (Spain/España) suspender or (Urug) perder* un examen a history examination un examen de historia (before noun/delante del nombre) examination board tribunal (masculine), comisión (feminine) examinadora (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences
- You and your child will be faced with plenty of tests and formal examinations in the years to come.
- The objective tests in the entrance examinations hardly speak of the candidate's knowledge, aptitude and attitude.
- The winner is selected on the marks achieved in written, practical and oral examinations along with project work.
- 2 c and u 2.1 (inspection) (— of accounts) revisión (feminine), inspección (feminine); (— of building) inspección (feminine); (— of passports) control (masculine); (— by doctor) reconocimiento (masculine), examen (masculine), revisación (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) 2.2 (study, investigation) examen (masculine) it requires close examination requiere un examen riguroso or minucioso on closer examination we discovered this mark al examinarlo más de cerca descubrimos esta marcaExample sentences
- Seventeen of his patients had fatal angina confirmed by autopsy examinations.
- Detailed shoulder examinations were performed of both sides to assess range of motion, strength, and stability.
- Screening clinical and functional examinations preceded CT studies of the lungs.
- 3 c and u (of witness) interrogatorio (masculine)Example sentences
- At the Inquest examination of witnesses will bring out more evidence and detail.
- Generally speaking, judges have broad powers in directing the examination of witnesses.
- He has the same powers as the court in respect of the attendance and the examination of witnesses and the production of documents.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.