- 1 1.1 (inspect) [accounts] inspeccionar, revisar; [baggage] registrar, revisar (AmL) ; [document/dossier] examinar, estudiarMore example sentences1.2 [patient] reconocer*, examinar, revisar (AmL) ; [eyes/teeth] examinar, revisar (AmL) 1.3 (study, investigate) examinar, estudiar we must examine whether the benefits outweigh the disadvantages debemos considerar si los beneficios son mayores que las desventajasto examine sth/sb
- Fire investigators will examine the building thoroughly to determine how the fire started.
- The doctor can examine the size and texture of the lump and determine whether the lump moves easily.
- Today, building inspectors were examining the sub-post office in a row of cottages to see if the wall where the machine was fitted is safe.
forsth they examine the garment for flaws examinan la prenda en busca de imperfecciones I examined her face for signs of exhaustion busqué en su rostro señales de agotamiento
- 2 2.1 [Educ] [candidates/pupils] examinar to examine sb
onsth examinar a algn sobreor dealgo to examine sb insth (esp BrE) examinar a algn dealgo 2.2 [witness/accused] interrogar*More example sentences
More example sentences
- The Petitioner's solicitor did request an adjournment to examine the Respondent.
- The plaintiffs were examined for discovery for three days and the Hull defendants for three days.
- Inquests are usually held in public, with witnesses being examined by the coroner and interested parties.
- Every aspect of Davies's managerial ability will be examined in answering those questions.
- As well as examining their overall mechanical performance, the tests sought to test the ideas generated in the last section.
- Another characteristic of this view of music education is an emphasis on testing and examining.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.