Translation of examine in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (inspect)Example sentences1.2 1.3 (study, investigate) we must examine whether the benefits outweigh the disadvantages
to examine something/somebodydebemos considerar si los beneficios son mayores que las desventajas
- Fire investigators will examine the building thoroughly to determine how the fire started.
- The doctor can examine the size and texture of the lump and determine whether the lump moves easily.
- Today, building inspectors were examining the sub-post office in a row of cottages to see if the wall where the machine was fitted is safe.
forsomethingthey examine the garment for flawsI examined her face for signs of exhaustionexaminan la prenda en busca de imperfeccionesbusqué en su rostro señales de agotamiento
- 2 2.1 (Sch, Univ)(candidates/pupils)to examine somebody
onsomethingto examine somebodyexaminar a alguien sobreor dealgo insomething(especially British English)2.2examinar a alguien dealgo(witness/accused)Example sentences
- The Petitioner's solicitor did request an adjournment to examine the Respondent.
- The plaintiffs were examined for discovery for three days and the Hull defendants for three days.
- Inquests are usually held in public, with witnesses being examined by the coroner and interested parties.
- Every aspect of Davies's managerial ability will be examined in answering those questions.
- As well as examining their overall mechanical performance, the tests sought to test the ideas generated in the last section.
- Another characteristic of this view of music education is an emphasis on testing and examining.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the