Translation of examine in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (inspect) [accounts] inspeccionar, revisar; [baggage] registrar, revisar (Latin America/América Latina) ; [document/dossier] examinar, estudiarExample sentences1.2 [patient] reconocer*, examinar, revisar (Latin America/América Latina) ; [eyes/teeth] examinar, revisar (Latin America/América Latina) 1.3 (study, investigate) examinar, estudiar we must examine whether the benefits outweigh the disadvantages debemos considerar si los beneficios son mayores que las desventajasto examine sth/sb
- Fire investigators will examine the building thoroughly to determine how the fire started.
- The doctor can examine the size and texture of the lump and determine whether the lump moves easily.
- Today, building inspectors were examining the sub-post office in a row of cottages to see if the wall where the machine was fitted is safe.
forsth they examine the garment for flaws examinan la prenda en busca de imperfecciones I examined her face for signs of exhaustion busqué en su rostro señales de agotamiento
- 2 2.1 [Sch] [Univ] [candidates/pupils] examinar to examine sb
onsth examinar a algn sobreor dealgo to examine sb insth (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) examinar a algn dealgo 2.2 [witness/accused] interrogar*Example sentences
- The Petitioner's solicitor did request an adjournment to examine the Respondent.
- The plaintiffs were examined for discovery for three days and the Hull defendants for three days.
- Inquests are usually held in public, with witnesses being examined by the coroner and interested parties.
- Every aspect of Davies's managerial ability will be examined in answering those questions.
- As well as examining their overall mechanical performance, the tests sought to test the ideas generated in the last section.
- Another characteristic of this view of music education is an emphasis on testing and examining.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas