Translation of example in Spanish:
- 1 (specimen, sample) an example of her workfor example he cited the example of Rooseveltuna muestra de su trabajohe cited the example of penicillinpuso a Roosevelt como ejemplopuso como ejemplo el caso de la penicilinaExample sentences
- If any of you can provide me with examples of this character's cretinhood, I will happily publish them.
- The strap-ends are decorated with animals and are the largest and among the finest examples from the period.
- To establish this, Porter probes both the general context and specific examples.
- 2 2.1 (model) to set somebody an example, to set an example for o (in British English also) to somebodyto follow somebody's exampledarle (el) ejemplo a alguienher courage is an example to us allseguir el ejemplo de alguien2.2 (warning) See examples: to make an example of somebodysu valor es un ejemplo para todos nosotroslet this be an example to the rest of the classdarle un castigo ejemplar a alguienque esto le sirva de escarmiento al resto de la claseExample sentences
- He then took a serious tone and spoke of the need for leading officials to set an example.
- It feels it should set an example by reducing the numbers of cars in the city.
- One of the key recommendations was the use of role models to set an example to younger generations.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.