Translation of exceed in Spanish:
- 1.1 (be greater than)exceder denot exceeding 30 days
sobrepasarque no exceda los 30 días
que no exceda de 30 díasExample sentences1.2 (go beyond)
- Duties on quantities exceeding the quotas will be gradually reduced until their full lifting in 2006-2007.
- In the most populated areas of California, the cost of living far exceeds the national average.
- The OPEC nations habitually cheat on each other by exceeding the production quotas that they agree to.
abusar deExample sentences
- The noise levels are monitored, he said, and the range never exceeded the limits allowed in the Noise Pollution Regulations.
- For this reason, drivers are allowed to exceed the speed limit on such calls.
- It is within the Prime Minister's powers to exceed the speed limit, if she is on urgent public business.
- Walton expects economic growth to exceed the MPC's base case, due to buoyant exports and investment.
- Year after year, economic and income growth exceeded prevailing, modest expectations.
- This is for the first time in close to a decade that that economic growth has exceeded the 8 per cent mark.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.