Translation of except in Spanish:
- 1 (apart from) except (for) everyone was invited except (for) metodos estaban invitados menos or excepto or salvo yoI'd do anything for you, except give up my job I hardly see her these days except at worksalvo or excepto en el trabajo, apenas la veo últimamente
- 2except that o [colloquial]except (if it weren't that) I'd stay longer, except (that) I have to be up early tomorrowme quedaría un rato más, pero or si no fuera porque mañana me tengo que levantar tempranoExample sentences
- I have a similar problem, except that mine is all to do with people who are lost.
- Mr Greeno in his first statement said nothing about this except that the owner was not CCUK.
- It felt like I was in the torture scene from a science fiction movie, except that it didn't hurt.
- 1 (exclude) [formal]to except something/somebody
fromsomethingexceptuar algo/a alguien dealgo [formal]Example sentences
- There are a few abbreviations, things like SMTP and HTTP and such, that are specifically excepted from this rule.
- Not a creature was to be seen in the room or at the door as I passed out - always excepting the man with the cough.
- Yorkshire women were to be excepted from any criticism he added, because they ‘always have dinner on the table when you get home’.
- 2also: excepted past participle of (after n: as prep)exceptoFred excepted, everyone seemed happy
con or a excepción de
exceptuando acon or a excepción de Fred or exceptuando a Fred, todos parecían contentos
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.