Translation of excerpt in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈɛkˌsərpt/ British English: /ˈɛksəːpt/
transitive verbAmerican English: /ɪkˈsərpt/ British English: /ɪkˈsəːpt/ , /ɛkˈsəːpt/
- This article is excerpted from the forthcoming premiere issue of the journal of Green Cross International, The Optimist.
- The above is excerpted from a short poem I wrote about something that indeed happened to me in Prague.
- This article is excerpted from their forthcoming book, Surviving Galeras, to be published this month by Houghton Mifflin.
seleccionar pasajes deExample sentences
- First, my favourite academic Mark Kaplan has added another blog to his roster, this one a Critical Dictionary excerpting informative texts to explain apparently difficult concepts in continental philosophy.
- The good people at National Review Online have excerpted a chapter from Steven's book, dealing with the insurgents.
- In a related side-note, I downloaded excerpted chapters from Zeldman's Web Standards Book.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.