- impuestos (masculine plural) internosCustoms and Excise (in UK)el servicio de aduanasExample sentences
- There is no hope of buying a bottle of wine here for €2 at the current rate of excise duties and tax.
- This included VRT, Vat, fuel excise duty and road tax.
- He announced that he would be holding rates on vehicle excise duty, corporation tax, capital gains tax, betting duties, stamp duty and the climate change levy.
- 1.1 (Medicine)Example sentences1.2 (delete)
- The mass was surgically excised; however, tumor involved the margins of resection.
- Patients with abnormal screening laboratory results should be referred, regardless of the size of the mass, because hormone-producing tumors need to be surgically excised.
- Monthly abdominal ultrasounds should be performed for 1 year, with the hope of catching recurrences early enough to surgically excise them.
- He also dabbled in bisexuality and believed in aliens, but those parts are excised from the narrative.
- The Bush version excises the whole section on conclusions, preferring not to comment on the likely consequences of oil exploration.
- Bearing in mind that one excised section of the Wasteland referred to a waiter and some unnatural practices with a dog, I think ‘depraved’ is probably a very good word for it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.