- 1.1 (leave out) excluir* if you exclude the spelling mistakes, it's a good piece of work exceptuando las faltas de ortografía, es un buen trabajo we can exclude the possibility of an invasion podemos descartar la posibilidad de una invasión I felt excluded me pareció que me dejaban or (Esp) me daban de lado to exclude sth/sb
fromsth excluir* algo/a algn dealgo we excluded her from the team la excluimos del equipoMore example sentences1.2 (debar)to exclude sb
- If affordable housing is to be made available in this community, no options should be excluded without careful consideration.
- On the flip side, an auditor is punished, in a sense, for being diligent by excluding himself from consideration for certain good jobs.
- Once those 15 were excluded, only two possibilities were left in parliament.
fromsth women were excluded from membership a las mujeres no se las admitía como socias I was excluded from participating in the election no se me permitió participar en la elección 1.3 [sunlight/air] no dejar entrarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- You are excluded from the United Kingdom at the personal direction of the Secretary of State.
- Frankly, we find it hard to accept that either of the reasons put forward by your clients amounts to the real reason why Mr Wilson was excluded from the Folkestone Police Station.
- As already mentioned, he was excluded from Whitton High School by letter from the Head Teacher.
More example sentences
- They migrate throughout the enclosed space, forming an invisible barrier on metal surfaces which excludes the moisture and oxygen which are responsible for corrosion.
- It is important to note that normal resting oxygenation does not exclude exertional or nocturnal oxygen desaturation.
- ‘It excludes oxygen, so the propellant is breathed in instead,’ he said.
- We cannot exclude further occurrences of outbreaks in poultry and other birds in other areas of the European Union.
- That clause excludes liability for loss and nuisance caused by environmental pollution except when it arises from a sudden event which is unintentional and unforeseen.
- Active tuberculosis must be excluded before beginning preventive therapy.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)