transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (leave out) excluir* if you exclude the spelling mistakes, it's a good piece of work exceptuando las faltas de ortografía, es un buen trabajo we can exclude the possibility of an invasion podemos descartar la posibilidad de una invasión I felt excluded me pareció que me dejaban or (Spain/España) me daban de lado to exclude sth/sb
fromsth excluir* algo/a algn dealgo we excluded her from the team la excluimos del equipoMore example sentences1.2 (debar)to exclude sb
- If affordable housing is to be made available in this community, no options should be excluded without careful consideration.
- On the flip side, an auditor is punished, in a sense, for being diligent by excluding himself from consideration for certain good jobs.
- Once those 15 were excluded, only two possibilities were left in parliament.
fromsth women were excluded from membership a las mujeres no se las admitía como socias I was excluded from participating in the election no se me permitió participar en la elección 1.3 [sunlight/air] no dejar entrarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- You are excluded from the United Kingdom at the personal direction of the Secretary of State.
- Frankly, we find it hard to accept that either of the reasons put forward by your clients amounts to the real reason why Mr Wilson was excluded from the Folkestone Police Station.
- As already mentioned, he was excluded from Whitton High School by letter from the Head Teacher.
More example sentences
- They migrate throughout the enclosed space, forming an invisible barrier on metal surfaces which excludes the moisture and oxygen which are responsible for corrosion.
- It is important to note that normal resting oxygenation does not exclude exertional or nocturnal oxygen desaturation.
- ‘It excludes oxygen, so the propellant is breathed in instead,’ he said.
- We cannot exclude further occurrences of outbreaks in poultry and other birds in other areas of the European Union.
- That clause excludes liability for loss and nuisance caused by environmental pollution except when it arises from a sudden event which is unintentional and unforeseen.
- Active tuberculosis must be excluded before beginning preventive therapy.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.