Translation of exclude in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (leave out) excluir* if you exclude the spelling mistakes, it's a good piece of work exceptuando las faltas de ortografía, es un buen trabajo we can exclude the possibility of an invasion podemos descartar la posibilidad de una invasión I felt excluded me pareció que me dejaban or (Spain/España) me daban de lado to exclude sth/sb
fromsth excluir* algo/a algn dealgo we excluded her from the team la excluimos del equipoExample sentences1.2 (debar)to exclude sb
- If affordable housing is to be made available in this community, no options should be excluded without careful consideration.
- On the flip side, an auditor is punished, in a sense, for being diligent by excluding himself from consideration for certain good jobs.
- Once those 15 were excluded, only two possibilities were left in parliament.
fromsth women were excluded from membership a las mujeres no se las admitía como socias I was excluded from participating in the election no se me permitió participar en la elección 1.3 [sunlight/air] no dejar entrarExample sentences
- You are excluded from the United Kingdom at the personal direction of the Secretary of State.
- Frankly, we find it hard to accept that either of the reasons put forward by your clients amounts to the real reason why Mr Wilson was excluded from the Folkestone Police Station.
- As already mentioned, he was excluded from Whitton High School by letter from the Head Teacher.
- They migrate throughout the enclosed space, forming an invisible barrier on metal surfaces which excludes the moisture and oxygen which are responsible for corrosion.
- It is important to note that normal resting oxygenation does not exclude exertional or nocturnal oxygen desaturation.
- ‘It excludes oxygen, so the propellant is breathed in instead,’ he said.
- We cannot exclude further occurrences of outbreaks in poultry and other birds in other areas of the European Union.
- That clause excludes liability for loss and nuisance caused by environmental pollution except when it arises from a sudden event which is unintentional and unforeseen.
- Active tuberculosis must be excluded before beginning preventive therapy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.