Translation of exclusive in Spanish:
- 1 [rights/ownership/privileges] exclusivo; [story/interview] en exclusiva for his exclusive use para su uso exclusivoto be exclusive
tosth/sb this style is exclusive to our store este es un estilo exclusivo de nuestra tienda, este estilo es una exclusiva nuestra a feature exclusive to the English language una característica peculiar del inglés it is exclusive to these islands se da exclusivamente en estas islasExample sentences
- The probe was prompted by an exclusive story published in yesterday's Guardian, which told of the alleged encounters and also of a plea by the girl's mother for justice.
- I wonder how much she got for selling the exclusive story, with interview and photo shoot, and if that actually netted more cash than the act itself.
- He encourages his reporters to unearth exclusive stories that will be of interest to the listening audience.
- 2 (of high society) [club/gathering] selecto, exclusivoExample sentences
- As a result, tennis courts are popping up all over the country - in exclusive country clubs and expensive condominiums but also in more accessible sports clubs and in shantytowns.
- This is a very exclusive and very expensive club which is also a place to be seen.
- Behind the curtain was an exclusive world catering to the upper class and the rich and famous.
- 3 (sole) únicoExample sentences
- Their decisions are taken at faraway centres, and almost always adhere to a uniform policy framework applicable to all protected areas, thus neglecting issues exclusive to one area.
- Some games feature shooting, adventure and even racing elements all mixed up together and they do very well because most people are not exclusive to a single genre.
- Their language was unique and exclusive to their sole tribe.
- 4 (excluding) the two proposals are mutually exclusive las dos propuestas se excluyen mutuamente exclusive
ofsth sin incluir algo, excluyendo algo £25 exclusive of postage and packing 25 libras sin incluir or excluyendo el franqueo y embalajeExample sentences
- Therefore, though we distinguish between the many causes of suffering, we do not see those categories as existing in mutually exclusive settings.
- In the past 25 years, traditional modes of exposition have continued to exist alongside sometimes mutually exclusive competing theories.
- A third option, not mutually exclusive with option two, is working to create political change.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.