Translation of executive in Spanish:
- 1 [Admin] [Business/Comercio] 1.1 (managerial) [duties/position] ejecutivo; [editor/producer/director] ejecutivo executive president presidente ejecutivo, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (for executives) [washroom/suite/jet] para ejecutivos an executive car/briefcase un coche/un maletín de ejecutivo
- The appointment of the former executive chairman of Aggreko, the power generator rentals company, was well received by analysts.
- The new executive committee has, unlike the old, a majority of his supporters.
- Stern is now executive vice president of business development.
- There are also significant structural impediments to presidential control of the executive branch of government.
- The company now faces antitrust investigation by the European Commission, the executive arm of the European Union.
- The Cabinet and its members fuse political and executive functions.
- 2 [Politics/Política] [powers/branch] ejecutivo
- 2 2.1 (branch of government) the executive el (poder) ejecutivo 2.2 (person) autoridad (feminine) suprema 2.3 (committee) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) comisión (feminine) directiva, comité (masculine) ejecutivo the trade union executive la ejecutiva del sindicato to be on the executive formar parte del comité ejecutivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.