- 1.1 (deserving imitation) [conduct/courage] ejemplar he was an exemplary student era un estudiante ejemplarMore example sentences1.2 (as a warning) [formal] [punishment/sentence] ejemplar
More example sentences
- His commentaries survive because they were adopted as exemplary models by later commentators.
- The author and publisher deserve high praise for producing an exemplary model of its kind.
- Within the community she is also a key figure, particularly among local ethnic communities where she is viewed as an exemplary role model.
- If there is exemplary punishment of the corporation and its officials, then other corporations will think twice before imposing risks on the life and health of ordinary people.
- They are aimed at intimidating the population as a whole through the use of overwhelming military violence and the policy of exemplary punishment.
- However the criminal justice system might use an exemplary punishment to show that we will not put up with this.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.