- 1.1 (deserving imitation) [conduct/courage] ejemplar he was an exemplary student era un estudiante ejemplarMore example sentences1.2 (as a warning) [formal] [punishment/sentence] ejemplar
More example sentences
- His commentaries survive because they were adopted as exemplary models by later commentators.
- The author and publisher deserve high praise for producing an exemplary model of its kind.
- Within the community she is also a key figure, particularly among local ethnic communities where she is viewed as an exemplary role model.
- If there is exemplary punishment of the corporation and its officials, then other corporations will think twice before imposing risks on the life and health of ordinary people.
- They are aimed at intimidating the population as a whole through the use of overwhelming military violence and the policy of exemplary punishment.
- However the criminal justice system might use an exemplary punishment to show that we will not put up with this.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.