Translation of exhibit in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [goods/paintings] exponer*Example sentences
- His work is also exhibited in museums, galleries and private collections worldwide.
- Like many of the artists whose works were exhibited at the fair, Lux's photographs blur the boundary between reality and artificiality.
- A representative sample of this spectacular art collection is exhibited on three floors in 43 galleries, some of which are graced by exquisite stucco ceilings.
- 2 [formal] [skill/dexterity] demostrar*, poner* de manifiesto; [fear/courage] mostrar*; [symptoms] presentar to exhibit signs of interest dar* muestras de interésExample sentences
- He exhibits qualities that probably make him a loyal friend and certainly endearing company.
- However, since most ratio variables exhibit this quality in the social sciences, they are not being distinguished here.
- However, samples from a small number of sites exhibited unusual behaviour and these are commented upon in the outcrop discussions below.
- Some patients, especially young children, may exhibit signs and symptoms of respiratory distress that are indistinguishable from those of an acute asthma attack.
- When the patient began bleeding from a gastric ulcer and exhibiting signs of hypovolemic shock, an exploratory laparotomy was performed.
- On rare occasions, patients exhibit signs of anesthetic toxicity, including flushing, hives, chest or abdominal discomfort, and nausea.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (in gallery, museum)[ objeto en exposición ] the prize exhibit la joya or la mejor pieza de la exposición the museum houses several hundred exhibits el museo alberga una colección de varios centenares de piezas ( or obras etc) the paintings on exhibit las pinturas expuestas do not touch the exhibits se ruega no tocar los objetos expuestos 1.2 [Law/Derecho][ documento u objeto que se exhibe en un juicio como prueba ] 1.3 (exhibition) (American English/inglés norteamericano) exposición (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.