Translation of exist in Spanish:
- 1 (be real, actual) to cease to existto continue to existdejar de existirthat exists only in your mind o imaginationseguir existiendoa vacancy exists for a journalistsolo son imaginaciones tuyashay una plaza vacante de periodistaExample sentences
- In other words, knowledge is always of a reality that exists independently of knowers and perceivers.
- According to one physicist reality only exists because we think it does.
- Again, it is surprising that the most attractive faces do not even exist in reality.
- 2 (survive) I'm not living, just existingto existyo no vivo, vegeto
onsomethingwe existed on bread and butterwe can just about exist on my wagessubsistíamos a base de pan y mantequillaapenas subsistimos con mi sueldoExample sentences
- I don't want you to get the idea that I exist on takeaways and ready meals, because I don't.
- We exist on donations and all volunteers are drawn mainly from local churches.
- Are we making it so easy for them to exist on begging that they feel no need to do any work?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.