Translation of existence in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (being) existencia (feminine) this is the only copy still in existence este es el único ejemplar existente how long has the company been in existence? ¿cuánto tiempo hace que se fundó la compañía? to come into existence [republic/country] nacer* [organization/party] crearse, fundarse to go out of existence dejar de existir, desaparecer*Example sentences
- Heralded the most valuable natural object in existence, on a weight to weight basis, experts believe that the diamond is the only one of its kind.
- He was called away from temporal existence on November 12.
- In fact, this arrangement may be the only one in existence anywhere in the United States.
- 2 countable/numerable (life) vida (feminine), existencia (feminine) what an existence! ¡qué vida!Example sentences
- After living on a commune, he and his wife moved to Burlington, joining so many other back-to-the-landers looking to flee their harried urban existences.
- The reward for the risk taken pays rent, feeds children, and supports a subsistence level existence.
- An odd sort of surrealness has glazed over the events of the past two weeks as I continue my relatively peaceful existence on my college campus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to