Translation of exit in Spanish:
- 1 (way out — from building, aircraft, motorway) the rear exitla salida de atrásExample sentences
- They will tower over drivers from either side of slip road exits and entrances at junction three for the 12-month trial period.
- She called for better traffic light filter systems, widened access roads and more exits from the car parks.
- It will also tell you when your freeway exit is coming, and if you're not familiar with the area, it will even tell you what side of the road the exit is on.
- 2 countable (departure — from stage)(— from room, building)to make one's exitthere was no means of exitirseretirarseno había por donde salir(before noun) (visa/permit)exit point exit signde salidaseñal (feminine) de salidaExample sentences
- The parents declined to comment as they entered the building yesterday morning and left through a rear exit.
- He left the courtroom through a rear exit to avoid a journalist.
- Reduced to half its original height, the industrial chimney serves as structural support for the roof and emergency exit footbridge.
- During the spring migration in the western Bering Strait, at the exit from the Gulf of Anadyr, whales moved over a broad front from near shore out to sea.
- I turned the engine on and made a swift exit from the people's place, after all, if the owner had come out front, there may well have been a query as to what I was doing in the driveway.
- It was close on 4 a.m. when we hit the road for the west, availing of the quiet streets of Dublin to make an easy exit from the city.
- 1.1 (Theater)exit lefthacer mutisexit Hamletsalga or salir por la izquierda1.2 (from room, building) 1.3sale Hamlet(tunnel/shaft)Example sentences1.4 (Computing)
- Each aisle was first entered and exited from the back of the store opposite the cashier counters.
- While I was waiting at the arrivals gate, a large group of people exited from the flight previous to the one I was waiting for.
- The small old men exited from the dramatic scene ashen-faced.
- A user can right-click on that to exit the program - thereby preventing it from recording Web surfing, e-mail and chat sessions.
- Changing modes like this does, however, require that you then exit the program and restart it for the changes to take effect.
- To exit the program, hit Alt-F again, and hit X or use the arrow keys to select Exit.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.