- 1.1 (in acting) mutis (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (remark) salida (feminine)
More example sentences
- The film is worth viewing if only for her exit line in one scene, ‘I moonlight as a shrine maiden.’
- Cinema historians will be thrilled to know there is finally an exit line to top Orson Welles's immortal ‘Rosebud…’ at the end of Citizen Kane.
- Almost equally valuable is their conscious retention of the subjunctive in Richard's exit line at the climax of IV.iii, ‘My wounds are inward.’
- Before they could react, the distinguished guest broke the tension by an exit line which would do any great actor proud; ‘Don't be alarmed, Mr. Chairman, I did the same thing to Stalin and the Pope’.
- I turned to my sons with what I was sure would be our exit line - ‘It is your choice whether or not you want to spend your money here’.
- ‘By the way,’ the patient adds, as I try for a discreet exit line, ‘Could you get one of the nurses to pick up my bedpan?’
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.