- 1.1 (in acting) mutis (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (remark) salida (feminine)
More example sentences
- The film is worth viewing if only for her exit line in one scene, ‘I moonlight as a shrine maiden.’
- Cinema historians will be thrilled to know there is finally an exit line to top Orson Welles's immortal ‘Rosebud…’ at the end of Citizen Kane.
- Almost equally valuable is their conscious retention of the subjunctive in Richard's exit line at the climax of IV.iii, ‘My wounds are inward.’
- Before they could react, the distinguished guest broke the tension by an exit line which would do any great actor proud; ‘Don't be alarmed, Mr. Chairman, I did the same thing to Stalin and the Pope’.
- I turned to my sons with what I was sure would be our exit line - ‘It is your choice whether or not you want to spend your money here’.
- ‘By the way,’ the patient adds, as I try for a discreet exit line, ‘Could you get one of the nurses to pick up my bedpan?’
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.