Translation of exit line in Spanish:
- 1 (in acting)Example sentences
- The film is worth viewing if only for her exit line in one scene, ‘I moonlight as a shrine maiden.’
- Cinema historians will be thrilled to know there is finally an exit line to top Orson Welles's immortal ‘Rosebud…’ at the end of Citizen Kane.
- Almost equally valuable is their conscious retention of the subjunctive in Richard's exit line at the climax of IV.iii, ‘My wounds are inward.’
- 2 (remark)Example sentences
- Before they could react, the distinguished guest broke the tension by an exit line which would do any great actor proud; ‘Don't be alarmed, Mr. Chairman, I did the same thing to Stalin and the Pope’.
- I turned to my sons with what I was sure would be our exit line - ‘It is your choice whether or not you want to spend your money here’.
- ‘By the way,’ the patient adds, as I try for a discreet exit line, ‘Could you get one of the nurses to pick up my bedpan?’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.