Translation of expansion in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (in volume, extent — of metal) expansión (feminine), dilatación (feminine); (— of gas) expansión (feminine); (— of trade, market) expansión (feminine) economic/industrial/territorial expansion expansión económica/industrial/territorialExample sentences
- Much of the rest of the country is paying the price of rapid economic expansion.
- At the same time close links with the USA resulted in rapid economic recovery and expansion.
- These years are post-integration and are from a period of rapid expansion of the industry.
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (of summary) ampliación (feminine); [Mathematics/Matemáticas] desarrollo (masculine)
- This value signifies that the colony contains 37,800 sectors of cells having tract length expansions.
- In a sense, this is an expansion of that book to cover the whole region.
- ‘I think the ballparks are smaller, the players are stronger, and we've had two expansions in the last decade,’ said Selig.
- If the operating temperature is higher than there is greater heat distortion due to thermal expansion hence increased friction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to