Translation of expansion in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (in volume, extent — of metal) expansión (feminine), dilatación (feminine); (— of gas) expansión (feminine); (— of trade, market) expansión (feminine) economic/industrial/territorial expansion expansión económica/industrial/territorialExample sentences
- Much of the rest of the country is paying the price of rapid economic expansion.
- At the same time close links with the USA resulted in rapid economic recovery and expansion.
- These years are post-integration and are from a period of rapid expansion of the industry.
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (of summary) ampliación (feminine); [Mathematics/Matemáticas] desarrollo (masculine)
- This value signifies that the colony contains 37,800 sectors of cells having tract length expansions.
- In a sense, this is an expansion of that book to cover the whole region.
- ‘I think the ballparks are smaller, the players are stronger, and we've had two expansions in the last decade,’ said Selig.
- If the operating temperature is higher than there is greater heat distortion due to thermal expansion hence increased friction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the