Translation of experience in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (knowledge gained) experiencia (feminine) to know sth by o from experience saber* algo por experiencia I know from my own experience lo sé por experiencia propia I can only speak from my own experience yo solo puedo juzgar basándome en mi propia experiencia a bitter experience una amarga experiencia that hasn't been my experience ese no ha sido mi caso experience of life experiencia de la vida that week was the worst in her experience aquella fue la peor semana de su vida
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (professional, practical) experiencia (feminine) no previous experience required no se requiere experiencia previa have you (had) any teaching experience? ¿tiene experiencia docente or en la enseñanza? experience of computers an advantage se valorará experiencia en informáticaExample sentences
- In fact, my experience on the ground in the region also highlights an extremely difficult road ahead.
- A couple of people on our steering committee had contacts and direct experience with people in Africa.
- Students, as you may already know through experience or observation, do not have much money.
- Along the way, your team gains experience and develops their skills.
- How did he gain the necessary experience in public relations consulting?
- We send officers abroad to gain experience and pass that knowledge to the other members.
- 3 countable/numerable (sth experienced) experiencia (feminine) a whole new experience for me una experiencia completamente nueva para mí a religious/spiritual experience una experiencia religiosa/espiritual a real gastronomic experience toda una aventura gastronómica
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.