- 1 (of idea, theory) defensor, (masculine, feminine), partidario, (masculine, feminine); (of art style) exponente (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
- Readers of this column will be aware, I am sure, that I have been a big exponent of the idea of a winter break in the past.
- The recently deceased Lord was the main exponent of the idea that aid did not work.
- Verdi is an exponent of the same ideas, the same sense of statecraft.
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] exponente (masculine)More example sentences
- He was one of the first to use exponents to represent powers and he used mathematics as a model for the natural sciences.
- Such power laws with exponents close to 2 have been shown for several biopolymers, where the polymer concentration corresponds to that of gel preparation.
- Although we now think of logarithms as the exponents to which one must raise the base to get the required number, this is a modern way of thinking.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.