- 1 (of idea, theory) defensor, (masculine, feminine), partidario, (masculine, feminine); (of art style) exponente (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
- Readers of this column will be aware, I am sure, that I have been a big exponent of the idea of a winter break in the past.
- The recently deceased Lord was the main exponent of the idea that aid did not work.
- Verdi is an exponent of the same ideas, the same sense of statecraft.
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] exponente (masculine)More example sentences
- He was one of the first to use exponents to represent powers and he used mathematics as a model for the natural sciences.
- Such power laws with exponents close to 2 have been shown for several biopolymers, where the polymer concentration corresponds to that of gel preparation.
- Although we now think of logarithms as the exponents to which one must raise the base to get the required number, this is a modern way of thinking.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.