- 1 1.1 (in words)(view/surprise)words cannot express what I felt
expresarno puedo expresar con palabras lo que sentíExample sentences1.2 (without words) her face expressed blank amazement
su rostro expresó estupor1.3 (Mathematics)
- I have only 600 words with which to express my thoughts and feelings about Lady Sofia, as I like to call the capital city, and Bulgaria in general.
- Again, I do not have the words to understand nor express the feelings and emotions you have endured since this began.
- I remember being so frustrated at not having the words to express my feeling of loss.
- 2 (squeeze out) [formal](juice)
exprimir(milk) (nursing mother)
- 1express (train)Example sentences
- This wasn't the usual daily chaos of ScotRail, this was an Amtrak express leaving Penn Station.
- We made just 3 stops, and than shot down the middle track as an express all the way to Downer's Grove.
- At regular station stops, since no express was working on weekends, plenty of time was available to get off and explore the sights in the small eastern towns.
- [formal] (specific)Example sentences
- At Paragraph 17-003 of the book, it is stated that a bare licence may be express or implied.
- That authority may be either actual or apparent, and it may be express, implied, usual or ostensible.
- All that the oral evidence of the witness did was to confirm what was express or implied in her written statement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.