Translation of expression in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of feelings) to give expression to somethingdar expresión a algoto find expression in something
expresar algoexpresarse a través de algofreedom of expression as an expression of our thankscomo muestra de nuestro agradecimientoExample sentences1.2 countable (of face) his expression altered
le cambió la expresión or la carale mudó el semblante [literary]Example sentences
- It found expression in ruthless exclusivism and hegemony.
- It's as if everything inside me has found expression all at once.
- The bipartisan contempt for the needs of the working class also found expression in the reaction to the mayor's latest housing proposals.
- Walter sat and watched Richard's pensive face as he read, which eventually led to an expression of horror and fury.
- Jade nodded with a contemplative expression and led him down to the lower floors.
- Miguel saw her happy facial expression falter and knew something was up.
- 2 countable 2.1 (Linguistics) if you'll pardon the expressionsi me perdonan el lenguajeExample sentences2.2 (Mathematics)
- The first two are internal, one with simple word stems and the other with complex or idiomatic expressions.
- The emphasis is on learning simple words and expressions while building vocabulary rather than grammar.
- We all start out using the simplest expressions and watch our phrases become increasingly more precise.
- The first book studies generating functions and also approximations to various expressions occurring in probability theory.
- Napier also found exponential expressions for trigonometric functions, and introduced the decimal notation for fractions.
- The function is also most often described using a formula, in the form of an algebraic expression.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.