Translation of expression in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of feelings) to give expression to somethingdar expresión a algoto find expression in something
expresar algoexpresarse a través de algofreedom of expression as an expression of our thankscomo muestra de nuestro agradecimientoExample sentences1.2 countable (of face) his expression altered
le cambió la expresión or la cara
- It found expression in ruthless exclusivism and hegemony.
- It's as if everything inside me has found expression all at once.
- The bipartisan contempt for the needs of the working class also found expression in the reaction to the mayor's latest housing proposals.
le mudó el semblante [literary]Example sentences
- Walter sat and watched Richard's pensive face as he read, which eventually led to an expression of horror and fury.
- Jade nodded with a contemplative expression and led him down to the lower floors.
- Miguel saw her happy facial expression falter and knew something was up.
- 2 countable 2.1 (Linguistics) if you'll pardon the expressionsi me perdonan el lenguajeExample sentences2.2 (Mathematics)
- The first two are internal, one with simple word stems and the other with complex or idiomatic expressions.
- The emphasis is on learning simple words and expressions while building vocabulary rather than grammar.
- We all start out using the simplest expressions and watch our phrases become increasingly more precise.
- The first book studies generating functions and also approximations to various expressions occurring in probability theory.
- Napier also found exponential expressions for trigonometric functions, and introduced the decimal notation for fractions.
- The function is also most often described using a formula, in the form of an algebraic expression.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.