Translation of extinguish in Spanish:
- I shrieked and jumped back, as he, laughing with amusement, murmured another set of words and a different ray of light extinguished the fire.
- More than 200 firefighters from Arlington, Va., and other nearby towns, extinguished a fire that burned for nearly three days.
- The fire is extinguished before it burns away the paper, leaving behind a dark residue.
- 2 [literary](hope/memory)
extinguir [literary]Example sentences
- When we destroy ecosystems and extinguish species, we degrade the greatest heritage this planet has to offer and thereby threaten our own existence.
- Elected dictatorships, which extinguish opposition, destroy the political process too.
- North End's play-off hopes were all but extinguished by the only team doomed to relegation from the First Division so far - and a controversial handball.
- I drove the sword into his chest, extinguishing him for good.
- The shouting of her husband and daughter is extinguished.
- They tried to kill me, to extinguish me completely, but I have only lost an arm.
cumplir conExample sentences
- Your final payment extinguishes your debt and you are mortgage-free - guaranteed.
- I accept that there may be situations in which if a creditor unconditionally assigns the benefit of a debt to a debtor, he will thereby extinguish the debt.
- However, the fact that the debt cannot be enforced by action does not mean that the debt is extinguished.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.