Translation of extinguish in Spanish:
- 1.1(fire)(candle/cigar)Example sentences1.2 [literary]
- I shrieked and jumped back, as he, laughing with amusement, murmured another set of words and a different ray of light extinguished the fire.
- More than 200 firefighters from Arlington, Va., and other nearby towns, extinguished a fire that burned for nearly three days.
- The fire is extinguished before it burns away the paper, leaving behind a dark residue.
- When we destroy ecosystems and extinguish species, we degrade the greatest heritage this planet has to offer and thereby threaten our own existence.
- Elected dictatorships, which extinguish opposition, destroy the political process too.
- North End's play-off hopes were all but extinguished by the only team doomed to relegation from the First Division so far - and a controversial handball.
(debt)(obligation)cumplir conExample sentences
- I drove the sword into his chest, extinguishing him for good.
- The shouting of her husband and daughter is extinguished.
- They tried to kill me, to extinguish me completely, but I have only lost an arm.
- Your final payment extinguishes your debt and you are mortgage-free - guaranteed.
- I accept that there may be situations in which if a creditor unconditionally assigns the benefit of a debt to a debtor, he will thereby extinguish the debt.
- However, the fact that the debt cannot be enforced by action does not mean that the debt is extinguished.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than