Translation of extraordinary in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (exceptional)(beauty/amount/person)there's nothing very extraordinary in that
extraordinariono tiene nada de extraordinarioExample sentences1.2
(very odd) (sight/appearance)it's extraordinary that the mistake wasn't spotted
- The second is the gender division of work, she says, looking at the larger issue of why first generation schoolgoers in particular require an extraordinary amount of care and attention.
- Britain produces an extraordinary amount of commentary, in print, on television and on radio; so much that the production of opinion can seem to be our dominant industry, the thing we are best at and most take to.
- Platoon leaders and platoon sergeants spend an extraordinary amount of time not on deciding who deserves medals but working on the grammar and presentation of the citation.
insólitoes extraordinario or increíble que no se detectara el errorI find it extraordinary that no-one bothered to inform meme parece increíble or insólito que nadie se haya molestado en avisarmehow extraordinary!¡qué increíble!Example sentences
- He's an extraordinary father and a remarkable husband, a terrific human being.
- This extraordinary woman lived a remarkable life.
- Taken alone, this is not an extraordinary remark.
- 2 2.1 [formal] (Administration, Politics)(powers/meeting)
extraordinarioExample sentences2.2 (in titles of persons) (after noun)
- Immediately after the public meeting, Durrington parish council convened an extraordinary meeting and voted to oppose the English Heritage application.
- A move to dissolve the society and distribute assets was defeated at an extraordinary meeting convened by Mr Kelly in July that year.
- The prince also said he will convene an extraordinary session if it is necessary to finalize the bill.
- It states that the Ambassador Extraordinary was "considerably astonished" to be called upon to pay 600 francs for the hire of carriages.
- This Ambassador extraordinary was issued a red (diplomatic) passport as well.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.