- 1 1.1 (exceptional) [beauty/amount/person] extraordinario; [stupidity/difficulty] extraordinario, asombroso there's nothing very extraordinary in that no tiene nada de extraordinarioMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (very odd) [sight/appearance] insólito; (incredible) increíble, insólito it's extraordinary that the mistake wasn't spotted es extraordinario or increíble que no se detectara el error I find it extraordinary that no-one bothered to inform me me parece increíble or insólito que nadie se haya molestado en avisarme how extraordinary! ¡qué increíble!
- He's an extraordinary father and a remarkable husband, a terrific human being.
- This extraordinary woman lived a remarkable life.
- Taken alone, this is not an extraordinary remark.
- The second is the gender division of work, she says, looking at the larger issue of why first generation schoolgoers in particular require an extraordinary amount of care and attention.
- Britain produces an extraordinary amount of commentary, in print, on television and on radio; so much that the production of opinion can seem to be our dominant industry, the thing we are best at and most take to.
- Platoon leaders and platoon sergeants spend an extraordinary amount of time not on deciding who deserves medals but working on the grammar and presentation of the citation.
- 2 2.1 [formal] [Adm] [Govt] [powers/meeting] extraordinario 2.2 (in titles of persons) (after n) extraordinario ambassador extraordinary embajador extraordinario, embajadora extraordinaria (m,f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- It states that the Ambassador Extraordinary was "considerably astonished" to be called upon to pay 600 francs for the hire of carriages.
- This Ambassador extraordinary was issued a red (diplomatic) passport as well.
- Immediately after the public meeting, Durrington parish council convened an extraordinary meeting and voted to oppose the English Heritage application.
- A move to dissolve the society and distribute assets was defeated at an extraordinary meeting convened by Mr Kelly in July that year.
- The prince also said he will convene an extraordinary session if it is necessary to finalize the bill.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...