Translation of extrapolate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo[formal]
- 1.1 (project) extrapolar 1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] extrapolarExample sentences
- The final slope of all the complex curves extrapolate at the intercept to an average value of 1.5 0.5.
- This is done by extrapolating a graph of volume against temperature.
- Turgid weight was estimated from the linear relationship between fresh weight and x in the positive turgor range, by extrapolating to x = 0.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [formal] to extrapolate
fromsth hacer* una extrapolación dealgoExample sentences
- The book is of broader relevance than just the tea industry, however, and the problems identified and the methods suggested can certainly be extrapolated to other situations.
- It can also be extrapolated to a marital situation.
- The results of a retrospective analysis are specific to the observed variation in the vital rates, and can be extrapolated to other situations only with great care.
- Using this relationship, we extrapolated the estimated time of divergence from adjusted measures of pairwise differences between Dendropoma species.
- The figures are extrapolated from forecasts in the Barker Report, which made recommendations into the number of new homes which needed to be built to bring Britain's house price inflation in line with that of Europe.
- During that time, I've seen numerous threat briefings that attempted to extrapolate possible terrorist strategies out of the most obscure bits of intelligence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.